Thursday 12 April 2012

Something old, something new..

Something New.
I haven't painted anything since the first day of the Christmas holidays. I broke my new year 'duck' over Easter; the results are below. It's of St Sampson's Square in York, in the rain. It was a bit of a struggle,but at least I am painting again.
Here it is in stages...

 No drawing, just blocking in.
 Mapping out the main tones...
 A few details, and then time to leave it for a while.
 Getting rid of that pavement on the right.
err..finished?
Here's a picture of my palette, for no other reason than I can!

Something Old
This is an older painting of The Shambles, which I did last year. It's smaller than the one above, but just as rough and ready.
A few of my more recent paintings arranged in the corner of my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment