Sunday 18 August 2013

Rained Off!

We've just got back from our annual holiday (Languedoc Herault this year, more of that later), and this painting was done before we went. I didn't get the chance to post it before we went away, so I'm adding it now.
I  took the paints out to do a small oil study of a hidden pond that I found on Google Earth. It is just off a cycle track a few miles from where we live, and I have run/cycled past it loads of times without ever realising that it was there. In fact me and Archie had cycled past it twice a couple of days before on our 17 mile flip flop trip! Anyway, having seen it on Google Earth, I went down with my paints to explore. I don't think that I should have been there, but there was no one about, so no harm done. Unfortunately as soon as I set up my easel up the sky turned black and it started to rain. I had to abort, pack away, and go home. Fortunately I had taken some photos before I set up, and decided to paint the scene anyway, once I got home.
This is the result.
 The pond
 Setting up..
 ....Hmmm. That sky looks a bit ominous.
 Back home, and painting the scene anyway....from my phone.


The finished painting, painted on a small piece of cannibalized swing seat canvas.

1 comment: