Sunday 26 January 2014

Blue Tit

Cyanistes caeruleus

Blue tits learned to peck the tops off milk bottles in the 1920s in Southampton, before the trick spread everywhere. I remember them doing this when I was young in Sheffield. Apparently they weren't after the milk, because they have a lactose intolerance, but the cream on top (of full fat milk) is a rich source of energy for them. It doesn't seem to happen anymore, but then how many people get milk delivered these days? We do, but it's skimmed/semi-skimmed.

My sparrow is too wet to work on, so I've started a new painting, this time of a blue tit. I sometimes go ages without painting, and it's been a while since I had several paintings on the go at the same time, but you have to make hay while the sun shines. I suppose you only speak when you have something to say.







Another one chalked up to learning. Still, I enjoyed the day.
Cyanistes Caeruleus


No comments:

Post a Comment