Monday 6 April 2015

First Post of 2015

..... and the first painting since October.

I flick around on the net a lot, looking at artists and their work. I don't watch TV- I read and I browse. There are some great painters around, and I've just come across someone who I think is very special; Jeremy Mann. He's the kind of painter that confirms two things; just how much I have to learn, and how much I want to paint. Jeremy Mann makes me want to paint.
I particularly like watching people paint on YouTube and Vimeo. Unfortunately I have not been able to find any footage of how Mann works, which leaves me looking closely at pixelated images trying to work out his method, and how he lays the paint down. It's all good fun.
I started this painting (it isn't finished yet) after looking at Jeremy Mann. It's very crude, but it is nice that he has (unknowingly) given me the nudge to paint again. I need to be painting again. The idea is that now that I have stepped down as Head of House, and once we move house, I will have more (time?) energy.
Here's hoping.





Thirsk 
(unfinished)

No comments:

Post a Comment