Tuesday 1 September 2015

Market Day

After dropping Archie and Joey off at the swimming pool in Northallerton, Sara and I went for a coffee and a walk around the market. I had the camera, so took a few pictures of people wandering around the market and shops, with a view to painting them.
This is the first of the paintings, which was started the next day. As often happens I spent time painting it, and then had  to leave it overnight to start to dry off (I'd used some oil to help the flow of the paint, but also added some liquin to speed up the drying), and then looked at it through fresh eyes the next day, only to find that I didn't like it. I was happy with elements of it, but the T shirt was too blue (Mr Parker, my old Art teacher was right when he told me that blue is a difficult colour to paint with - all those years ago!), and it was crudely painted. I thought about some whole-sale scraping off, but decided to work some paint over the top (of the still tacky paint). Much happier with the results.











 Too blue..

Better. 
In The Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment