Wednesday 23 December 2015

Dog Bore?


We got Hector back in late September (23rd?), and I'm quite smitten by him..we all are. I have Hector as my phone wallpaper and as my profile picture on FaceBook. He is pampered, walked over 7 miles per day, 4 days out of 7 (I walked 24 miles with him in the first three days of the Christmas holiday), and bathed every other day (medicinal and a bit of a chore. He's not keen). I drew him as a demo for one of my sixth formers, and experimented with varnish on the drawing ready for my year 10 class (the first picture). I have now painted him (second picture) in wax from the drawing. I did this as an exercise in trying to paint figuratively in wax.....and because I like the drawing. I think he looks quite noble. Funny really; he's a handsome dog, but when he runs I'd swear that he's a cross between a short haired pointer and Scooby Doo.





Hector.

No comments:

Post a Comment