Sunday 20 January 2013

I've Been Asked To Leave Better Woods Than These..

It's always a pleasure to meet the landed gentry. Not so much cantankerous old wannabes. I went for a walk yesterday in Huby Woods. After a while I strayed off the public footpath onto a non-public footpath (it had no signs, gates or fences), where I was approached by a COC(K) (Cantankerous Old Curmudgeon), who informed me that I shouldn't be there, and that he wouldn't come on my garden. I apologised and told him that I would leave, adding that I wasn't aware that it was private. "Well it is. We're trying to hunt. I don't go on your garden". "I have apologised and I'm leaving, so you don't need to labour the point" I told him. "Well you shouldn't be here, it's private". "Again, sorry" I said, "but there are no signs".  "Well, you should use some common sense. I bet there are no private signs on your garden are there?". "It's not quite the same is it? And I'm not Psychic". "You should be!" He said. "Are you?" I asked. "Yes" he said. " I thought you would be. You're also rude" I said, and left.
I think I was very restrained.
Anyway, it was worth the hassle. The walk gave me an idea for a painting, which I have spent the rest of the weekend working on.






No comments:

Post a Comment