Tuesday 9 August 2016

6 Degrees Of Separation.

The images below are worked up from some of my York photographs (of people) - again in charcoal, pastel, emulsion, but this time also with encaustic wax added. The first, started well enough, but turned into a disaster, and has since been destroyed (it bubbled and peeled off it's backing, so has been painted over). As I was doing this drawing Sara came into the studio and told me that the figure looks just like a friend of hers from Millthorpe. I showed her the photograph I was working from (on my phone - we have banned the students from doing this at school!), and she laughed, saying that it is her friend. Completely unknown to me. 
This is now the second time that I have photographed a stranger in the street, only to find a connection with them later. The previous one was when I photographed a woman walking towards me, oblivious, only to meet her as a colleague several years later, and recognised her from my photo.
  The drawing that Sara recognised.
 Charcoal
Apparently this one looks more like Jude Law.
 Pastel
Emulsion.
Wax
Untitled



No comments:

Post a Comment