Sunday 2 November 2014

Untitled


Pushing The Paint Around.

Like most people I'm probably my own harshest critic. I have been frustrated by my painting for a while, both with the results and with the process especially. My last painting is a classic example of this. It ended up looking nothing like I'd wanted it to, I didn't paint it in the way that I'd intended, and I didn't really enjoy painting it. To be fair I was feeling a little stymied on ideas.
I've been thinking about painting people for ages. Not so much portraits, just strangers in interesting poses, and with interesting expressions - so there is no immediate association for me. It gives me the opportunity to start enjoying the process of painting again, and to push the paint around making more expressive marks.
The painting below is the first attempt at this. It's the second painting (of three) that I did over half term. I probably won't be posting the first one, but the second will be posted later.
Anyway, here it is. It has no title yet....

 Salvaging an old canvas.

 Detail.
Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment