Saturday 21 November 2015

Encaustic 2

This is day 2 of my experimenting with encaustic, working on a small piece of plywood. I have been trying different using materials with the wax, in this case oil paint and then attaching a photograph. It started off as a very painterly landscape, and developed into an abstract piece. Oil paint reacts quite interestingly with the wax, with a lot less control than I'm used to, especially when I fuse it with the heat gun. 
Looking at it now I probably should have stopped with the first image, although I quite like the abstract, but the real purpose here is to build up my experience with it and see what it will do.

Part of me wonders if I should have stopped here, but this is about me learning, not producing.
Jeez, I'm coming over all growth mindset!
The end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment