Tuesday 23 August 2011

Back on the river.

I have been back on the river for a couple of sessions over the last two days. I saw the otter again, which is fantastic, and as usual took my kayak rod and a few lures. Caught six pike up to just over 10lbs. I also lost a fish which I think was bigger, given the way that it straightened my hook.
The second of the two days I tried a different put-in. I joined the river at Newton and paddled up to Linton Lock, and down to Beningbrough. The river was still slightly peat coloured and the weir was pushing through.
 This was a decent fish to catch in a kayak. It was one of two caught on the first session.
 Approaching Linton Lock.
 The old mill. Tea break. The river was coloured and pushing through.
 Flat calm at Beningbrough, and time for another cuppa.

 10lb pike at Linton Lock.
 10lb pike...didn't want to stop fighting.
A smaller fish...but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment