Wednesday 31 August 2011

Last day of the holidays.

Well it had to come...the last day. It started off sunny, whilst we sat in having the house valued. When the estate agents had finally gone I went on the river for a paddle. Sara dropped me off at Milby, but as I couldn't get into the river because of fishermen in  the place where I drop in, I went onto the canal and paddled up to Boroughbridge, picking up the river there instead. By this time it was getting cooler and the sky was looking ominous. I trolled a lure all the way back to Aldwark, 7.5 miles if you include the canal. I only caught one pike and a perch. saw lots of kingfishers and a comorant, and a hawk of some description flying high over the river.
It was very peaceful on the river, but was cold by the time I got back to Aldwark bridge.
 Sat forlornly looking out into the back garden yesterday, waiting for the rain to stop. It didn't stop, so I went out in it anyway to pick sloes.
 The river Ure was like a millpond all the way back.

 It didn't rain, though the sky looked very threatening.

British summers..you can't beat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment